Monday, February 1, 2010

Sloanie turned 2!

LJ learned how to smile for the camera. I think kids have a hard time grasping exactly what kind of smile looks good, but hey, this will do. As you can see his hair is getting longer and much curlier, which excites me. I've had curly hair and it's pretty managable.

I don't know if most kids go through a "Yo Gabba Gabba" phase, but we've hit it. It's a Nickelodeon show with a guy named DJ Lance and 5 crazy little animal/robot things. LJ talks about it from the second he gets up to the second he goes to bed. It's a bit annoying, but actually really cute.

I'm 35 1/2 week and feeling pretty good- just getting large. LJ has a sense baby Ray Ray is coming and we about have the Big Boy Room finished. I'll be sure to post pics. We're in search of an airplane mobile currently, and I've been a pick particular on what I want it to look like. We feel pretty ready for the baby. We just need to set up the pack and play and get the new carseats installed. I'm jacked we're having another boy. I honestly feel LJ will be a great big brother. I do hold him a lot so I'm sure that'll be a huge adjusment, but I figured it would be.

We're going to Florida soon for our one last get away!! It's supposed to be mid 70's. Can't wait to sport the bikini and get some rays on this beached whale of a body. :) Sloanie got a new bike for her birthday. We had a Mickey Mouse party for her at my sister's house and it was perfect. Just immediate family and Sloanie is a great host!! She danced the night away- I think she acts like she turned 3- she can do her alphabet and count.
Baby Sydney is doing well also. She's 4 1/2 months old and she's a chatter box!! She doesn't cry though... I think I've heard her fuss twice ever. She's so quiet that my brother and I forgot she was even in the room yesterday. Here's a pic of the May family while Sloanie was doing her Hokey Pokey Dance in her new music skirt- ADORABLE, although LJ wasn't so sure about the loud noise. He likes quiet parties, hehe!



He also liked Sloanie's new bike! He doesn't even mind it's pink!!

My mom took him to my cousin, Ella's tap class last week. LJ loved it- worries Dad, but I don't mind. Hey, he could be a tapper??!!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh those curls are adorable and so is his smile. Gosh he is getting to be a biggie boy...am sure he will adjust well and be an awesome big brother! Many hugs dearest sister in Christ. Enjoy the vacation....catch a ray or two for me!

Laurie Racer Nelson said...

Hey Leah! Your blog is so adorable! I was at pottery barn kids yesterday and they had the cutest airplane mobile in case you were still looking. :)

Leah Matis said...

Laurie, That's the one I really like! It's so cute. I just wish it moved and played music, but I think I'm going to get it anyway. I think we're due around the same time. You feelin ready???