Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ray's room/ Big boy room

For right now, it's Ray's room. I'm not ready to move LJ into a bed, so we're keeping him in the nursery for about another 6-8 months. Then we'll pull the switch and eventually this will be the boys' room. Make sense, kinda? We did an air plane theme, but you know it's impossible to escape the baseball theme completely??
The crib is dark brown- it's a portacrib that turns into a twin bed. It was only $120, and it's super small- it just worked. The furniture is actually my mom's parents furniture from when they were married. They have both passed, but my mom got the furniture and it was mine while growing up. It's a full size bed- hard to believe Don and LaVon Meek fit into that- maybe that's why they had 6 kids, hehe!


My cousin, Brooke Meek, helped me with the airplane/madras theme. She lives in St. Louis with 2 year old twins and a 2 month old. Her blog, thethreeolives.com , is so inspirational. Her fashion, hard work, and values are definitley very motivating for me.
LJ is going through some funny stages. Yesterday he absolutely had to go to bed with his fruit bar. Can you see it resting on his head? He also insists on going to bed with all 8 of his blankets, aka "ups." However, he has been such a joy, although, he's on his 2nd round of antibiotics for the month with an ear infection, cold, snotty nose, cough, and occasional puking. He really keeps me on my toes, doesn't he? My lower back has been absolutely killing me too. It's a lot harder than I imagined carrying around a 33 lb toddler along with 30 some lbs of pregnancy weight. I'm getting more and more swollen by the day. I gained 5 1/2 lbs in last week- my doctor was exactly pumped about that either. I have another doctor's appt. next Tuesday. Hopefully we know more then.


Oh, how could I forget my little bug man?? He spends hours every day looking for bugs around the house. We pretend anything is a bug and it lights up his face, and if we can't find any bugs we both agree they are just taking naps.



Only days left till Little Ray comes, and no, we will not be referring to him as "LR." Off to attend to my little sick boy for now.


No comments: