Sunday, February 28, 2010

Greetings and Salutations

Hi! My name is Ray. Actually, its Raymond Eli Matis to be exact. Well, anyway, I heard Mommy talking about this online diary she has and thought I would say hello. So, yesterday was the toughest day of my life. I was resting very peacefully in my room, when all of a sudden my room became smaller and more cramped. About every 10 minutes all night long, my room became smaller. So finally, after about 20 hours of these "contractions", my room became so much bigger!!! I was in this big bright room with a guy in a white coat, a lady in green scrubs and these two wonderfully looking people everyone keeps calling mommy and daddy. Let me first say that these two are the coolest people in the world. But back to them in a minute. So, I'm in this room and they cleaned me up and kept me warm and gave me back to that mommy lady. She is so great...and beautiful. Oh my gosh, I love her hair and face. Daddy did a great job!!

So after I left my first room and went upstairs to this new room ( a little smaller, but so nice. Flat screen TVs, Cokes on demand...the works). A was able to see a whole lot of people my daddy called my family. I don't know what that means, but they were really neat. So, I guess I saw my Aunt Brooke, Grandma and Grandpa Matis, Uncle Mike, Aunt Katie, Uncle Beau and Aunt Julia! They were great! I guess that Aunt KT was suppossed to go home (Philly) but they had a lot of snow so her airplane couldn't take off. She was able to stay for the weekend and see me! I was sooooo happy!

Then the next day my other Grandpa and Nanny came to see me and brought a guy not as big as my daddy but bigger than me. I guess he is my brother Joey. Good lookin guy, I must say. He really really really liked touching my nose and head and kept saying, "Baby Brother Ray!" I'm so lucky to have him as my big brother. I hope I turn out just like him. However, there was one conversation that we did have to have...this website. Little Joey Matis. blogspot. com??? Where is the love for Big Play Ray??? But, after a long debate and much deliberation, we decided to keep the name the same. He is the king of the house and already attracts so many people to read this blog. I may just ride his coattails for awhile until you all love me more than him! HAHAHAHAHA!!

Give mommy and daddy a call if you wanna come by and see me. We'd love to have you over. I really like to be held, so bring your A game!

Love ya,
Ray

3 comments:

Caroline Mosey said...

Awwww, congratulations!! Can't wait to see pics!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the world Ray. We all have anticipated this day.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I love the post. You have a beautiful family. Take care, Molly Rush Perry