Saturday, February 20, 2010

To fill time...


(I know, my husband loves the PJ's all day, no make-up, bad hair day look too.)

we make to do lists. I think I make 3-4 per day. I love checking things off and feeling confident that we're closer to being ready for baby Ray. There's always something to do- clean, organize, buy, organize some more, and read more baby books. This pregnancy has been a lot better than the last. I attribute it to knowing what I'm getting into, walking much more, and drinking a ton more water. I'm hoping to bounce back a little sooner than 10 months, like last time, since I'll be in a few weddings this summer- one being 8 weeks post partum.




I'm finally extremely uncomfortable- sitting in the recliner is about all that sounds good. I had a doctor's appt. last Monday- nothing new. He told me to plan to go 40 weeks, and the baby hasn't dropped. My concern is that the baby's head, like LJ's head, is too big. I struggled pushing LJ out- pushing for 4 hours, then finally having to use the vacumm. Then we ended up with a newborn in the NICU for a week with a broken clavicle. My guess is I'll get induced March 10thish. I'm stoked about being up at Clarion North again- the food is spectacular, ha!! Hopefully we just spend 2 peaceful days up there, and can get home and back to the grind with LJ.




LJ is doing well. He still gets sick all the time, but it seems a bit more managable now that we have a breathing machine at home and our MD knows how he has a hard time fighting off even the smallest cold. I pray that Ray may be able to fight off the germs a little better. Have I mentioned how good LJ is getting at speaking?? He can repeat anything!! Tonight we had him saying "IU, hoo, hoo, IU, hoo, hoo." Currently, he just got out of his Yo Gabba Gabba obsession and now onto his bug obsession. He'll spend hours a day looking for bugs in our house- it's sooo cute how close to the ground he gets. I'm currently buying him 3T-4T, and his curly hair is getting longer by the day.




Only 2 more weeks left of work. I'm hoping to get through these two weeks quickly- my scrubs are cutting off my circulation and Ray tends to kick all of my older male patients the entire teeth cleaning appointment. I'm taking 10 weeks off of work. Last time I went back at 4 weeks. Since I only work 2 days/week, I don't think I'll have much anxiety about getting back.




I feel so lucky that I have so much to be thankful for, however, there is a lot going on with several people I know... a lot of very tough health issues. If you think of it, would you mind adding not only a healthy baby of mine to your prayer list, but also everyone else out there struggling with stress and health problems? These last two weeks , we have several friends and family members who are facing very scary health problems. I can't imagine losing these people. Life is so very very precious. I hope this blog finds you giving this some thought and maybe taking a minute to take better care of yourself, not only for you but for all those who care so deeply for you.




I'm beat. Heading to bed on a Saturday night at 9pm sounds lovely, but it is not something I dreamed of doing at age 25-- however, I'm happy, very happy. In about 4 weeks though, I WILL be drinking a Long Island.
As LJ would say, "NIGHT NIGHT!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Been keeping Dan and that part of the family in prayer. Jill from Modern Photo was in my office this week telling me about Dan's heart attack. Keeping you in prayer as well....that little Ray comes without complications....just a fat, sassy, healthy baby! Many hugs