Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Double stroller??

Ok, I know this is a bit premature, but I see double strollers all the time and I'd like to keep my eyes out for one we'll be needing. I could use some suggestions....

Here's my criteria...

1. I don't spend $300+ on baby things.

2. I use my single jogging stroller 2-3/day and I think I've used my walking stroller where I put the pumpkin seat in it like 20 times and I've used the umbrella stroller 3 times. So, yes I prefer the jogging stroller. Do I jog everyday? No but we do take a brisk 2 mile walk, where I'll occasionally jog it (if I'm feeling 16 again).

3. We already have 3 strollers, so I don't want to get 2-3 more. We're already growing out of our house.

4. I have a Graco car seat for the new baby.

5. Should I buy used, or not take the chance and just buy new?

I think that's it. Let me know what has worked for you.

3 comments:

Shelly Cunningham said...

Go used. It will save you lots of money. However, our double jogging stroller is awful! It doesn't have a pivoting wheel in front, so turning it with my 23lb. & 25lb. children in it is a nightmare. I love my Graco Duo Glider. You can put the baby seat in either seat (front or back). But it's not a jogger. Whatever you do, try it out first, with kids in it!

Anonymous said...

We have 2 walking strollers, a double stroller, and an umbrella stroller. Go used, I do not recommend it though. Most are big and bulky, hard to stow in any vehicle turn very wide and are HEAVY, once you get moving with it you do not want to stop because it takes a eck of a push to get going again. My kids are ages almost4, 2 and 4 months. Plus I have my almost 2 year old neice 5 days a week. We put the 2 year olds in one walking stroller since it lays flat one in front of the other and the baby in the 2nd, our oldest now walks. Some times the older ones hold hands and we go with just 1 stroller. We do the childrens museum and zoo quite often, so this works best for us. We gave the double stroller to my mom since we never use it. If we ever do buy another one it will be the Jeep brand double umbrella stroller.

Sarah Montminy said...

I HIGHLY recommend a City Classic from Baby Jogger.
http://www.babyjogger.com/city_classic_dbl_dtl.aspx

It's heaven...

I bet you could get a used one on Craig's List.

I only have the single, but I have a friend that has the double and loves it. She used her Graco carseat on one side (you just need the adapter bar).

Sarah