Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My mom always told me...

to say a little prayer every morning for all the moms out there trying to get out the door in the morning and their kids off to the sitter/school. I was thinking about this this week because summer starts... hmm... sounds contradicting, huh? I pray for all of those moms out there who have to figure out sitters for the summer, have to leave their (s) home alone for the first time so they can get to work, and have to leave for work at 5:45 am to get their babe to the sitter by 6am, so they can get to work by 7:30 if all goes well. I pray for these moms that get off work at 5pm to rush to the sitter by 6pm (before it closes), then rushes home to feed their babe(s) dinner, and then maybe an hour of playtime before their babe goes to bed at 8pm. I pray for the moms out there that rush around from 8-10pm trying to spend time with family, paying the bills, cleaning the house, doing laundry and dishes, and cleaning out lunchboxes and then packing them back up. I pray for these moms that try to get to bed before 10:30pm that get 5 1/2 hours of sleep (if nobody wakes up), and then gets back up to do it all over again at 5am. Oh, and did I forget to mention this is when all things go smooth?? No extra errands, no ear infections, no doctor's appointments, no funerals and not being in charge of anyone elses' kids. I pray for these moms because I don't know how they do it.

Don't get me wrong because I get exhausted, but my days are simple. I work Monday 10-5 (straight- no lunch), Tuesday 6:45am-2pm (no lunch), and Friday 8-1pm. I live exactly 6 miles from both of my babysitters (my mom and my mother-in-law), which is one right turn out of my neighborhood, another right turn onto Main Street and either a left to my mother-in-law's house or a right to my mom's house. My parents and in-laws live less than a mile away from each other. It takes me 10 minutes to get there in "rush hour" traffic. After I drop LJ off to the FREE babysitters, I drive less than a mile (a left on Main, right on Averitt from my mom's or a left onto Averitt from my in-laws) to work. I work with my wonderful dad, hilarious brother, and generous uncle. I work with a staff that all have kids-- most being under the age of 3. We have a lot in common, a lot of advice for each other, and a lot of hand-me-downs. My days are easy, very easy. I have a low stress job, which pays very well, and I have wonderful babysitters who spoil LJ more than I ever could.

I'm very blessed, so I pray for the moms out there who have the hardest job in the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Leah!

It is Lauren Werner. I was just reading your blog and I absolutley love it!!! Little Joey is a doll! It seems like you are loving life! Please tell your fam I said hi.

Miss ya!