Sunday, April 11, 2010

UOTW

Great Grandma Matis and Aunt Janie came over for a little visit the other day. It's such a cool feeling for my kids to have a "Great." I lost both sets of my grandparents a while ago, and it's sad to not have them around during this time. Luckily I have GG Matis and Gma and Gpa Kelley :) We brought LJ to brackettown when the Final Four was in town. Holy cow was he in heaven!! Boys everywhere, basketballs flying at our head and a goal to shoot at about every 5 feet. Did I mention this kid love sports?? He insists on dribbling, faking, and then shooting. He also has risen the goal himself to make sure there is a challenge. I guess sitting on the floor and trying to shoot wasn't cutting it anymore.

When I was growing up, the big challenge at dinner was to eat a slice of lemon with the peel. If we did this, my dad would take us on a piggy back ride to the car while leaving the restaurant. We attempted at every dinner and I don't remember there being very many rides; however, it's never to early to start LJ on this challenge- he's so competitive :)

Baby Ray is 6 weeks old this weekend. We haven't been to the doctor since the week he was born, so we aren't sure how he's weighing in, but he's turning into a little chunker. I don't think he'll be sporting the rolls like LJ, but probably not too far behind him. Can you believe this hair? Who is this child's mother???




We had been using Playtex Ventaire bottles for the first few weeks. Either my kids are extremely gassy or those bottles are jank. We started Dr. Brown's bottles this week hoping to get rid of the painful baby gas. If you have any other suggestions, let me know. As of now, I'm still giving him breastmilk, but due to health problems I'm only able to pump :) It's a very hard thing to accept when "your plan" for your kid is altered, but I guess I just need to roll with the punches, huh?





1 comment:

Amy said...

I love the gripe water for the Indian markets at Emerson and Main Street. Have you tried it? You can give it to them 3 times a day. :)