Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

Easter was really nice this year. We did the Taylor Easter last week and yesterday we did the Matis Easter. At my parents' house we do a Golden Egg game for the adults, where my mom lets us pick an egg- all of them have about a $5 gift in them, but one of them has $100. Well last year, big Joey won... and this year he won again!!! Yah baby!! Also to make my family hate me even more, he won my dad, bro and uncle's office(where I work too) work pool for the tournament and it's looking like I'll get 3rd for Joey's work pool. We've hit a good streak.

About Easter though, LJ finally understood a little about the eggs this year. We're still struggling with him understand the biblical meaning, but he definitely has the egg thing down. All of the kids under 12 had a minute head start yesterday... this included LJ and his twin cousins, Sammy and Luke. I'd say we did well for ourselves... we walked away from the Matis Easter with over $60, lots of books, candy, a full belly and memories with our crazy fam!

Last week at the Taylor Easter, LJ and Sloanie had their Easter dinner together.... adorable!! I just can't get over how well they play together. I'm really looking forward to them growing up together.
We even painted eggs last weekend, which is VERY tricky with 2 toddlers.... but we were succesful.



Our Easter Family Pic 2010



Don't let these pictures fool you. Having 2 kids is a lot busier than I imagined. I feel like I have to be strategic every day with how I'm going to get through several feedings while entertaining a toddler. Big Joey has been the best. He gets up for every feeding with me and goes on less sleep than myself more nights than not. I'm pretty darn lucky. Ray is getting to the point where he's only waking up about 1-2 times a night, but there is nothing like uninterrupted sleep. I can't wait to get him sleeping through the night. :)
Looking forward to the big Butler game tonight. Too bad it's at 9:20- geeze, don't they know I go to bed about 9:15??


No comments: