Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Where has the time gone??

Yes, it's today. Today is LJ's 1st birthday! It sure doesn't feel like it. A year ago from today, I was getting Pitocin, my water broke at noon, and I was pushing from 3-7 until Doc got out the vac. Nice!

Today I feel like we've made it. There are so many changes, obstacles, milestones, and learning curves this first year. For the most part, LJ has been delightful. I would consider him an affectionate baby. He has learned to really love people coming over. For a long time, he was timid with strangers and cried if someone else held him. Now he showboats anytime we have company. I think he's smart. I know all parents think their kids are smart, but I think he's a "thinker." He'll focus on things for a long time, he wants me to read him 20+ books a day, and he'll work on a task for 20 minutes until he gets it right. For example, he has figured out how to take a dvd out of it's case, crawl over to the dvd player and lay it on top. Then if I don't come over there, he sits down and works on how to put it back in the case. Now, I think that's pretty good. He's also a good sleeper. Last time he woke during the night was on spring break when he was having respiratory problems; however, he does get up between 6 and 7am- but oh well. So for the most part, he's been fairly predictable and simple (minus the 7 ear infections, 4 different antibiotics, and contant gagging on any new foods). Would I do it again? Yes, and we can't wait!


Now for the fun. A week ago we went to Easley Winery downtown with LJ. He loved teething on the cork as Joey and I drank a whole bottle- yes! Who knew a winery could be so baby friendly?? See, this is how smart he is. Who uses an M as an E because they only provide one of each letter in a alphabet kit?? HA!

Godfather Brian came into town!!!! AND..... HE'S ENGAGED!!! We absolutely love Jen- more pics and a story to come!

My family has a tradition. On our birthday morning, we request that our presents get thrown on top of us while we are still in bed. Well I thought that it would be a bit much to throw LJ's presents in the crib, but he did open them first thing.




This is our new horse/zebra, Stuffy. LJ's Godmother, Tiffany, sent this all the way from L.A. LJ's a huge fan. It really has helped him pull up and stand with just a little balance. Actually today, he let go of my leg while standing on his own- what a sweet boy- oh, and that's wrapping paper in his hand that he refused to let go of for an hour.... or two.





3 comments:

Amy said...

Happy birthday, LJ! I can't believe that it's been a year. Maybe you and Noah can get together this summer sometime and play. :)

Emmalee said...

Happy Birthday LJ! Woohoo!

Unknown said...

Sounds like he had a nice birthday. He is a smart fella! Wanting 20+ books read in a day....just wait until he starts reading on his own! You will find yourself making MANY trips to the library! Sounds like you all had a lovely time!