Sunday, May 24, 2009

So, I'm One Year Old


Howdy y'all,

Mommy and Daddy keep telling me and showing me this little journal they have been writing in and posting pictures and stuff, and they asked me to let you guys know what I think about my life...here goes!

Things change all the time!!

I look back at pictures of myself last year and holy cow, I got a lot bigger over the last year! I asked mommy and daddy if I need to start going over to LA Fitness or something because I weigh over 28 pounds and already have a bigger belly than daddy! I don't know what I need to do though, all I eat is strawberries and applesauce and yogurt and chicken and turkey and hot dogs and cheese and crackers and pizza and breadsticks...but I guess that's just my lunch and then I do it all again for dinner! Is that too much food???

So, I'm thinking that I cannot change what I eat because it is JUST SO YUMMY!!! So I said to mommy, "Mommy, what can I do to lose a few lbs?" She suggested to do some exercises, so that what I do. I crawl around the house like 15 times a day. Then I go out on the back deck and crawl around. Then I go down the stairs (I love climbing up and down stairs by the way) and I crawl all in the yard. I pretty much am crawling all day long. But, that's not helping me drop a few, so I think I want to try this thing called walking. If you haven't heard of it, it's pretty cool. Instead of moving your hands and legs to crawl, you stand up and move you legs and that's all you have to do. Yea, easier said than done! I got this whole standing thing down if I can hold onto the couch or something. But man, you try to stand up when you've got a belly bigger than the rest of your body!!! Hopefully, I'll be able to figure out that walking thing here pretty soon. But gosh darnit, I am a pretty darn good crawling right now. Anybody wanna race???

One other thing I have found out since my birthday is that birthdays are a big deal!!! I didn't think there was anything to it, but a couple of days after my birthday, a ton of my family came over to hang out with me! Then, they gave me boxes with really cool paper on the outside. Mommy and daddy helped me tear open the paper (that was sooooo fun) and see what the boxes said. I got so many boxes from so many people! Thank you so much to everyone who brought me some new toys to play with...they are awesome!!

I'm not sure how long the party went since I go to bed at 8, but I'm pretty sure I heard Mommy saying to daddy and grandpa and uncle dog and others, "So, how were the Jello shots!?!?" Now, I'm not sure what that really means, but it seems as if everyone had just as much fun as I did!

So yes, I've had a great first year of life. I've met so many nice people and I look forward to meeting so many more. I feel like I learn about 15 new things every day. So, by my math, if I stay on that pace, I'll be the smartest guy in the world by my 8th birthday! Just look for me on the cover of Time Magazine as the world's youngest genius in 2016!

Love you all,
Joey

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Joey,

Don't worry about the belly right now. As soon as your growing spurts take off the belly will go away...besides you are cute as a button just as you are. Sounds like you had a great birthday! Many Blessings & hugs, your long distance prayer warrior.