Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Summertime and babies...

It's finally summer, well close enough. On my days off, LJ and I can't find enough pool time, stroller rides, park time, and Mrs. Curl's ice cream shop. The only problem with this is LJ isn't walking yet, so he scrapes the heck out of his legs and feet when he crawls on the deck, the driveway and at the park. It brings me to my point... planning for #2, yes baby #2. Is there ever a perfect time of year to have a baby??? My sister is due in September; I have a cousin, Brooke Meek, due in January; a friend, Erin Moran, due in July; another, Amy Feldman, due in October; and another, Taytum Bultema, due in December. My mom had 2 babes in June and 1 in September and my mother-in-law had all her babies in October. Is there a perfect time?? Joey and I thought May was perfect, ya know, just before summer. After we thought about it though, a little baby stays pretty cooped up in the house for their first few months of life controlling their temperature, staying out of the sun and away from germs. So maybe having a 2nd baby in May isn't a good idea, especially if you already have one because then your oldest doesn't get a lot of outdoor park time. On the flip side, having a baby in the winter poses the risk of RSV, but what the heck THE SWINE started spreading in April- ahhh!!

I'm a planner, like a big planner. Little Joey was a surprise (a pleasantly wonderful surprise), but #2 will be planned :) My last boss insisted there is never a "perfect time" to have a baby, but I disagree. I'd like to try and find a close to perfect time. Can I get some feedback though?? What is your perfect time???

1 comment:

Shelby Perdue said...

I think March. Honestly, not just because that's when I was born. But here's my reasoning. No major gift giving holiday is near. You get pregnant in June so you're probably not too out of shape to enjoy the summer. Plus spring is a really nice time of year, but the weather is unpredictable, so being inside a lot isn't too much of a bummer. And you have a few months to work off the baby fat before the summer time. That's all I can think of...one draw back would be being hugely pregnant in bad winter weather, but that just depends on where you live I guess. Also, your baby would probably be a Pisces or an Aries, and everyone I've ever known under those signs were immensely interesting people, if you're into that sort of thing.
Good luck and God bless.