Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Best Week

Last week I turned 29 and it was spectacular!

 My dad's best friend was over at my parents detailing his 1968 Merecedes on my birthday. So of course, I took a pic inside of it, posted it to facebook and I got the best reaction of all time from some fb friends. Isn't she a beaut??
I took the kiddos to The Flying Cupcake for my birthday. This is one of my favorite traditions. We love to sit on Mass Ave and watch the cars go by and we get as messy as possible.
 This was Lou's first big girl trip to "the cupcake shop." She is choosing to attempt to fit in with the boys more and more. At 15 months though, she prefers no shoes and crawling still. She's taken quite a few steps at home though. LJ didn't walk until 20 months, so I'm not too concerned.
We finally bought Joey a lizard for his birthday. The kids are in love with Green Tail. Me, however, not so much. Did you know that lizards eat 3-6 crickets/day? You only can buy about a 6 day supply of crickets at a time AND YOU HAVE TO BUY CRICKET FOOD!!! To top it all off, the crickets have yet to survive for more than 3 days at a time. I can't even begin to describe how much fun it has been taking all 3 kids back to the pet shop every 3 days with dogs all over the place (Little Joey is severely allergic to dogs). I don't think I had any idea what we were getting myself into.
 



We try to have a lemonade stand every week. The kids make about $15-20/stand. It's amazing. We've learned how to roll money and deposit it into the bank. I know exactly where he gets this from too.... me!! I opened my first bank account when I was 8 with  $1000 after I had my first garage sale. Yep, I'm patting myself on the back.
With some of Joey's money from lemonade stand we bought a butterfly net. We sent off for caterpillers and watched them develop. It was pretty amazing, especially since we propped the net right on the dinner table, which kept them seated for quite a bit longer.


We did swim lessons for the last 2 weeks. It was such a great deal at Perry Meridian High School. It was only $45/kid for an hour lesson for 10 days. Deal of the summer, baby!! The boys bawled their eyes out the entire first lesson like I just left them at an orphanage. After that day, they loved it. So strange.
Our mornings are filled with watching our lizard. We feed him and talk to him. I think Louisa loves him the most. I think it's a matter of days before he escapes.


Our summer days are filled up with dressing like Spiderman every morning (walking around the neighborhood and freaking people out) and trying to find a pool every afternoon (thank God for tea tree oil for their dry, crispy, chlorinated hair). We were able to go to Holiday World yesterday and plan on going to Myrtle Beach next week. These 3 little boogers have begun to be my best friends. I love our inside jokes and giggles throughout the day. My days are so long and so hard, but when I do find some quiet time I love looking into our ginourmous back yard and thinking about how lucky I am. Cheers to my last year in my 20's.
Happy Father's Day to the best dad in the entire world!! He gives and gives and gives his time and energy, and I don't understand how he is never in a bad mood. He amazes me and I thank God every day that I landed such a perfect man!

This is one of Louisa's Godmama's Katie. I think Lou finally got over her "I'm glued to Mama all day long" phase. She is starting to go to anyone and can kill ya in a good game of Peek-a-boo.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Popped in to check on ya'll glad to see you are prospering. Sending lots of love & blessings.