Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Gift

Louisa LaVon Matis is here! She arrived March 11, 2012 at 1:18pm. Weighed in at 8 lbs 9 oz and 21 1/2 inches long! The biggest of the 3 kiddos. I didn't think my linebacker was going to be my girl. Louie came on her own on the day I was supposed to be induced. I woke up right at the time change with a huge feeling she had dropped. Within an hour my contractions went from 10 minutes to 3 minutes. I called my mom to come over and we headed to the hospital. I was dilated to 5 cm so they hooked me up and I rested. The most amazing doctor, Dr. Star, rolled in around noon and 2 pushes later I had her. It was quick and easy and worth the wait. Have I told you how much I love Clarion North Hosptal? Well the food and nurses were superb and I'm blessed to have a perfect place like that to go to.
This is Dr. Star. He has come in on his day off for every kid and lets me call his personal cell phone to inform him I'm going into labor. I feel so lucky to know him.

Suprise, as I'm typing this I realize that I'm really tired, so this blog is going to be short and sweet on the wording,
but filled with lots of pics.
Joey, of course, fell in love right away. The tears were a'flowin. But can we have a 20 second and recognize how nice of a wife I am?? Look at what we are watching during my labor.
Wife. Of. The Year.
Then Little Joey walked in and melted my heart. He loves loves loves his baby sister and adores her every blink and move. He could watch her for hours and hours and keeps telling me how beautiful she is and how much he loves her. It was so hard to be away from the boys for 3 days.

Ray Ray, ya not so much of the same interest as Joey. He'd rather watch trains on my iphone. He is my kid that I need to remember to sit down and spend some quality time with every day. He is Daddy's boy and Mommy is definitely 2nd. He will come around, and until then I need to remember he is 2and #2, and he needs as much attention as the other kids.
However, he is still a stinker.
For example, can't you tell Ray is deciding whether not to "Roar" at her or gouge her eyes out?

The fam.
And so the family of love rolls in...most everyone got to visit except Grandma Connie since she got Ray Ray's cold from last week and my Papa. We have made up for it and thank goodness for videos and picture texts they are capturing every moment.
My mom, Nannie.
My sister, Brooke.
My brother, Beau, and my sister-in-law, Julia, with their 10 month old, Leo.
My brother-in-law, Jason.
My future brother-in-law, Liam
My sister-in-law, Katie, and brother-in-law, Mike.
Grandpa Matis and Louie fell in love. She loooooved him!
Us.
On our way home.
While picking up the boys at Nannie's house, she obviously had to
get another squeeze in on baby Louie.
And so the madness and juggling begins....
What Louie has to look forward to...
and when we aren't acting crazy we will watch her sleep.
She's doing well at home. Nights are long, and she's sleeping in her carseat. I'm scared to death of Monday when Joey goes back to work, but I'm blessed to be so close to family.
To be completely honest, I feel God's presence in every aspect of my life. Big Joey and I grow closer every day even though we don't get to spend time we each other. We enjoy being there for each other and laying in bed next to each other at night is such an activity we look forward to at the end of the day. Please keep us in your prayers for continued health.
Meanwhile, I'll dread Monday.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Just noticed her outfit...almost gave me a tear! She is soo pretty!! Praying for you. Some days will go very smoothly. Others will be hard. Just take them one day at a time! God will be with you each step of the way.