Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Move

So, I hear that mommy and daddy have been talking about "the move" lately. Just want to fill you in on "the move" from our perspective. Ready Ray Ray? Let's do it Joey!

So we were swinging on our swingset one day, me on the big boy swing and Ray Ray in the baby swing.

"Hey, I prefer the slightly less mature swing, Joey"

"Sorry Ray Ray....kids! Sheesh!"

Anyway, mom and dad were talking about building this dream house. Don't really know what that means, cuz I know I can't live in the homes that are in my dreams, but, whatever.

"I wanna cookie Joey. Can I have a cookie?"

"Ray, I'm tellin' a story. BE QUIET!"

"I JUST WANT A COOKIE!!!"

Whatever, let's move on. They were thinking that they wanted to move before they could have enough money to buy that dream home thing, so daddy said, let's start looking. Pretty sure he said that this stuff takes a long time anyway, so they were gonna look around, get some ideas, see what's out there and then...BAM! It seemed that about 6 minutes later, they said, "we are moving to the new house Joey! Holy cow, that was quick!

I think I heard them say that Daddy saw the house on Sunday, Mommy saw it on Monday, made an offer Tuesday and it was a done deal on Wednesday.

"What Ray? What?"

"Did you tell them about daddy?"

"Not yet Ray Ray, hold your horses!"

"Tell them about daddy!!"

"I WILL!! Don't you have to go to bed or something?"

So what Ray Ray was leading to was sooo funny! You would think that daddy would be so happy to have the new house. I'm pretty sure he was, but once the accepted offer came in, he turned white as a ghost! He looked so scared. I thought I heard him tell mommy, " I cannot believe we bought a house without putting our house on the market yet! Two mortgages! Two property taxes! Two lawns to mow! What the heck is that?!?"

So the next two weeks, mommy and daddy were painting and cleaning and de-cluttering (which only meant getting rid of my and Ray Ray's toys, so that stunk!) But anyway, they finally said they were ready to put our house on the market.

Daddy looked like he was balding a little bit more than normal, cuz he said that houses typically don't sell for 4 to 6 months in this sh*^%y market.

"JOEY...I did NOT SAY THAT, I said shoddy!"

"Whatever dad!"

"Mommy, daddy said a bad word!"

"Ray, I did not, I said shoddy! How do you even know that sounds like a bad word?"

"I heard Uncle Mikey say it"

"Figures"

Pretty soon though, like 10 days later, dad told mom that we had an offer on our house, and it was pretty good! Dad had like 7 Miller High Lifes that night, I'll tell you! Two days later, we sold our house to a really nice family from out of town. Life is good.

So now, Ray Ray, Mommy, Daddy and me are living at our new house which is awesome!! We have a basement, a BIG back yard, a fire pit to make s'mores and lots of kids I get to play with. I am so happy to be at my new house. Oh yea, Ray Ray loves it too. He had to go to bed cuz it was way past his bed time. Oh no, its 9:15, its way past my bed time. Don't tell mom and dad I snuck out to write to you. Pleeeeease. I don't want to go to timeout! I'll be your best friend forever!

Til next time, drink one for me!
Lil Joey

No comments: