Monday, May 10, 2010

Birthday week




LJ turns 2 on Thursday. Where has the time gone? He has grown into such a kind boy. He makes me smile so big when I look back at him in the car and his eyes are sparkling at me. He is a boy of routine. He wants to do the same thing every day. He wants to sit in the same chair and eat the same thing. When he goes anywhere else, he wants to do exactly what he did last time. He asks to wear his IU shirt every day, and after I tell him it's dirty he replies that he wants to wear the dirty IU shirt. Every time he sees an IU symbol, he says "IU, hoo, hoo." He's absolutely mesmorized with sports. He will get in a catcher's stance and watch any sport for as long as he can. He walks behind me throughout the day and closes anything I leave open, throws away any trash I leave out, and puts away anything that seems out of place. He's slightly OCD. He's a perfect combination of Joey and I, and I'm so happy to be able to spend so much time with him.
Oh, did I forget to mention, we celebrate birthday months at our house? So..... last week we started the birthday month by going to the Indianapolis Zoo with Sloanie. They had a ball. Can you believe we have a shark petting exhibit?














I'm still slowly adjusting to being a mom of 2 (see the leash). It is so hard to plan anything. One of the hardest things is entertaining LJ during Ray's feedings. I'm so excited for Ray to get old enough to go in his Johnny Jump Up- LJ is going to looooove that!








We have had several firsts this past week. LJ had his first big fall down a few brick steps where he gashed his chin. LJ had his first time out (broke my heart). I also caught LJ picking his nose for the first time- when I asked what he was doing, he said "boogers." Who teaches him this stuff, honestly??
This week, he is the King. This week we do whatever our little terrible two, curly haired sweet boy wants to do! It's wild that as of Thursday, I will say I have a 2 year old and a 10 week old. Wow.




Happy Birthday Month, My Little Man.










1 comment:

MrsMaryDietz said...

ummm, shut up! world's cutest post! i love love love that lj and liam both have a head full of curly q's!!! are you just as afraid as linds to cut it?? we don't want them to disappear! congrats on being an amazing mommy, leah :)