Thursday, February 12, 2009

Some of our favorite things...

I think it was last Wednesday... ya know... where the snow kept falling all day long. Well, I was supposed to work; however, I couldn't go. You see... we live in Marion County just past County Line Road. In Marion County, shoveling our streets is a little different than in good'ol Johnson County.... they don't. It takes FOREVER for someone to get to our neighborhood and when they do they shovel all the snow up to our driveways so the snow is seriously hip high. They also shovel our front yards so when the snow melts our nice landscape is scattered along the sidewalk. Anyways, I'll get to my point. They shoveled me in and I couldn't get out, so lil' Joey and I had a snow day. Just knowing we couldn't leave all day started giving me cabin fever. We decided to start snapping pictures of some of our favorite things in our home. It was fun- it actually was a lot of fun!! Last year Joey, Matt and I had a decathalon. This year we have a photo shoot- it's all good.
Wheel of Fortune is on a 7pm. LJ loves it. This is about the time he starts getting fussy, but we like to hold him off till about 7:30/8pm before he goes to bed. Thank God for Wheel of Fortune. It gets us through the 7 o'clock hour.
If you have a baby and you don't have a Jumperoo, you are missing out. It's the most wonderful thing EVER!!!! Little Joey absolutely cannot be in a bad mood in the Jumperoo. It gives him freedom and independence, and he especially loves it when someone jumps with him.

OH- the swing! I think Big Joey asks me about every other week, "Can we get rid of that swing? It takes up so much room." I then say, "Nah, not yet." Then about 2 days later we'll have a little baby who is teething or has a cold and about an hour of us all being up all night, we throw the lil' man into the swing, turn on the monitor and he passes out. This way he gets to sit upright and has constant motion. We rarely do this, but I definitely think the swing has a few more miles in it.


This fabulous tent Aunt Brooke, Uncle Jason and Sloane gave to LJ for Christmas!! HE LOVES IT!!! We put Chuck E. Cheese balls in it with a sleeping bag and it's LJ's little sanctuary.



The aquarium. AAAAA!!! My Aunt Lorianne highly reccomended this and this one is actually hers. The hand-me-down is getting put to great use!! It's the perfect calmer downer, stays on for 10-15 minutes, and LJ has finally figured out how to turn it on himself. It's adorable when he tries to play with the fish in the morn.




I think I have a new obsession with baskets. They are all over the house. My mother-in-law, Connie, got us these amazing baskets for Christmas. They look great and it makes me feel like the house is somewhat orderly with the thousands of toys that are always lingering.





Is it called white noise? I don't care what it's called, but having a fan in the lil man's room is a must. We live in a 3 bedroom ranch and there is only a thin wall separating the frig and the crib. This lil' fan (that was onced used in the dorms and sorority house at IU) lets us have a life while the lil' man is sleeping. As soon as we turned on the fan and turned out the night light, the lil' man started sleeping through the night.






I never thought they really worked, but when the lil' man has a cold this vaporizer seems to really keep him less congested throughout the night. Maybe it does work, maybe it doesn't... however, I get a warm and fuzzy feeling inside knowing that I have tried everything I could to help him sleep better at night :)








You see that little spy camera above the crib. Ya, the little one. Well it's hooked up to our video monitor. What a SWEET invention. We have a perfect view through our video monitor even though it's pitch black in the lil' man's room. This saves us sooooooooooooooooo many trips to his room at night. When we hear a strange noise, we just click on the monitor, and there he is. I am dreading the day he figures out what it is though and he looks into saying "Mama." Although it was a little expensive, it is soooo worth it!







No comments: