Wednesday, February 25, 2009

9 Month Check Up

Well, 3 months to go before we hit ONE YEAR!! Wow. At Joey's 9 month check up, he was 30 1/2 inches long (95%), 26 1/2 lbs (off the chart), and 19 inches in head (off the chart-eek). We all knew he inherited the Meek head, but "off the chart," geeze. We already had a CT scan though so we know all is well in LJ's big head :) He seems to be hitting all of the milestones. Although he was 9 months on Feb. 13th, it's a great thing we didn't go to the MD till the 23rd. This past weekend he started pulling up on EVERYTHING, saying "Ba Ba", and he's becoming quite the speed crawler!! I think our playdate with lil' Jakey Irwin last weekend really helped our motor skills.

Big Joey and I have been really loving life, as hard as it can get dealing with the ups and downs of everyday hurdles. Joey's job seems to be going well, and my work has been really steady. I start covering a back to back maternity leave at my Uncle's dental office next week. I'll work Monday and Tuesday (7 hours each with no lunch). I really love working there, so no complaints.

We went to church today for Ash Wednesday and it was also the dedication mass for Joey's Uncle Bob who passed away a few years ago. As soon as I find our USB cord that lil' Joey hid, I'll be sure to post that pic. LJ was cracking everyone up at church. He seems to be quite the flirt with the "older" ladies. He now has his two top and two bottom teeth in, and I think he's getting his laterals, which is also know as teeth E,G, N, and Q, or should I just say the 2 teeth on the sides of the big ones, hehe! Just to share some dental knowledge with the rest of the world.... kids have 20 teeth, A-J on top and K-T on bottom. They usually have all of those in by age 3. At around age 5 they'll start losing them. Adults typically have 28-32 teeth, depending on their wisdom teeth. The 1st wisdom tooth on the upper right being 1 and then going down to the lower left being 17. Get it?? Most kids have all of their teeth in around age 12. I typically explain this about 2-3 times a day to parents at the dental office, so maybe I just helped you out.

Lastly, we are finally taking LJ on his first airplane ride in April. We're going to Ft. Myers with my sister, Jason, Sloane, and my parents. We'll stay at my parent's condo. Any tips on traveling with the babe?? Any recomendations on beach attire, sunscreen, life jacket, etc? I'm a bit nervous- eek!!

Well, I need to get ready to leave for work- working 1:30-5pm today- rough life huh??

No comments: