Sunday, November 9, 2008

Like mother, like son??


We always get the comment, "Wow, LJ looks so much like his dad!"After I took this pic, I thought to myself, "Hmmmm... LJ looks an awful lot like Mommy!" HA! Seriously though, he's a great combination, but he definitely has Joey's disposition- laidback, content and happy!
Quick update:
Work is going well for both Joey and I. I recently posted Joey's new work website. He mainly deals with individual financial planning and corporate retirement plans at Merrill Lynch. He definitely has a knack for what he does. He continually impresses me every day with his ideas and strategies.
I have been working at a few offices about 2-3 days a week, and I'm loving it!! I work usually 5-7 hours/ day, which is great! Being a dental hygienist has been such a blessing. I have the ability to pick my days and hours, which is such a luxury when you have a baby.
Joey and I are currently looking at buying a few acres of land to eventually build on. We are still in the process, however, we feel we have found the lot of our dreams. I'll be sure to update you and post pics as soon as we find out.
It's hard to believe the holidays are quickly coming. We look forward to our many get togethers with family. Joey's Grandma Mary Matis is 87 years young, still driving, playing cards and attending her bowling leagues. A recent heart pacemaker surgery has slightly put these activities on hold, however, she'll be kickin' it again here soon. Joey's other Grandma, Ruby, lives in Arizona. We can't wait to visit her some day soon!
Well, we're a little stuck on what to get LJ for Christmas... since he's only going to be 7 months and wrapping paper alone entertains him the most, do we stick to putting money aside for him or is simply being together a present?? As you know times are tough, maybe we should start thinking a little more about giving to those less fortunate than worrying about spending that certain amount on relatives. I know the food pantries around here are awfully low. We're thinking about adopting a family for Christmas or volunteering at a shelter. If you have any special ideas, please send them our way. Around our household this year, it's definitely going to be about finding a new way to give... isn't that what it's all about????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what church you go to, but Our Lady of Greenwood does "The Giving Tree." You pick ornaments off of trees that have the names and ages of children and what they want or need for christmas. You wrap them, stick the ornament on, and drop them back off. We love doing it!