Wednesday, March 5, 2008

30 Week Check Up


Joey and I just got back from our 30 week check up appt. We are now going to see the Doctor every 2 weeks- wow, this came a lot quicker than I thought it would. We live about 45 minutes away from the Doctor's office (Clarian North), so it's usually an all day field trip when we go up there. We have our routine down though. I stop by McDonald's and get our usual, pick up Joey downtown at work, and then take Meridian all the way to 116th Street- takes about an hour, but it's fun!! The Doctor said my weight was on target (could have fooled me- I broke 160 lbs this week!!), I measured 30 weeks, my blood pressure was good, and the baby was head down. I thought I felt him turn this week. There were some serious punches in my ribs. Right as the Doctor was leaving the room, he told us to go to room 1 and he'd do our 3D ultrasound at no charge- lucky us!! This ultrasound was breathtaking. We were able to see Little Joey's face, heart, brain, kidneys and boyparts all in 3D! The face pic freaked me out a bit because it looks like he has a black eye, but the Doctor assured us this was normal and the picture is likely to have shadowing. Although it felt weird to finally see Joey's face, it was encouraging and I'm starting to finally feel his birth is right around the corner!

No comments: