Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Life is... oh, so good!

LJ turned eight weeks yesterday. He's starting to sleep a bit longer on his own and he is really enjoying his swing. He now smiles at me when I change his diaper, and he always recognizes Big Joey's voice when he's in the room. I went back to work (officially) yesterday, and it seemed to be a little easier than I had anticipated. Big Joey and I had our 1st Anniversary this past weekend. We celebrated by going to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse with the little man. Geeze, a lot has happened in the past year. People always told us "The first year is the hardest." I always wondered how marriage was going to be hard when you're married to the greatest guy there is... and I think I was right. As many obstacles we were put through, as many transitions we had to deal with, and as many situations we had to make "big time" decisions about... I think the first year was a piece of cake. Man, I'm lucky to have these two wonderful men in my life.

The precious look we get all day long!
Trying out our new jumper, however, we have about an inch or two more to grow.

My Little Man!

First time in the pool... he actually really enjoyed it.

First hair cut... and yes, I've already cut it twice. I'm sure you agree with me that this was the right thing to do... look how thick it was behind his ears and above his neck. We cut quite a bit... and I've cut it again since then. LJ is such a trooper!

His hair :)


Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Oh, so true.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In a bikini 8 weeks after giving birth!!! YOU GO GIRL! You look fab! Cannot wait to meet the little man- he is just about the cutest ever!